Thursday, December 31, 2015

Leave it to Kevin...


First of all, you have to understand Kevin.  He's an investigator.  When looking at something new, he will open doors, push buttons, and move levers to see what happens. Consider the two of us shopping for a vehicle.  I get in, check my comfort level, and look around.  Meanwhile, Kevin is moving the seat, changing the steering wheel, opening any compartment, testing the radio, etc.  Why the difference?  I'm more afraid.  It's the old "you break it, you buy it" mentality.  Or as I told the kids endlessly when they were younger, "Look with your eyes, not with your hands."  Have you seen the commercial where the person opens up the cabinet door and the whole cabinet falls off the wall? I fear that would be me. Kevin doesn't seem to have that fear.  Thus, he learns a lot more than I do with his hands-on approach.

This contrast is evident in our cell phones too.  Kevin frequently plays around with the various ringtones and notification sound effects.  I think if his parents call, cows moo.  Once he had his phone set to a diesel truck starting.  I remember being frustrated one night when we were in a hotel room because someone kept starting their truck during the night.  Silly me...I found out in the morning it was just Kevin's phone.  Funny how someone (Kevin) in the same room and in the same bed never heard a thing.

I, on the other hand, probably have the default sounds on my phone.  I'm not sure because my phone is seldom off mute.

If you were to text Kevin today, and heard his phone, it would make you laugh.  Although it's a bit premature, Kevin decided to change his notification to "Radioactive." Leave it to Kevin...what a guy. I'm thankful for every day I get to enjoy his humor.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, you are beautiful writer....so clear....easy to understand, to relate to. This made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post above was from Angie (Laehn). I'm not sure I made a profile??? Sorry!

      Delete